Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Takes my breath away.."


   It’s Wyoming roads tonight that portray themselves much more peaceful then Nebraska roads last night (As in lavish displays of lighting in the sky and hail storms that Duanes battled.). All are in bed except for Older Brother and me, as He is driving and my mind is alive with thought. We could see the city we are now in MILES away- western beauty we are starting to appreciate.


    We’ve had quite the eventful fist week. We expected crazy stuff to happen perhaps at week five, because…well…somewhere in seven weeks some crazy events had to take place, but instead they’ve been happening in week one. This makes us all go: “Is week five going to be twice this crazy, or is this instead of week five drama?”  (This is metaphorically speaking…we know of no dangers that lay in week five, just supposing it would be the time of trip of things of such: Deborah Logic.) It’s been wonderful, however. As in wonder-full….full of wonder, the original meaning of the word.  We’ve been in wonder at His protection, His strength in our weakness, and His ministering in spite of us.

  Mother had an old tape of Twila Paris of which’s location we are unsure of now, that had this song on it, and it’s been coming to my mind over and over on this trip…so I’ve made it my theme. (second verse and chorus.)
I’ll Never Get Used to What You Do
I grew up surrounded by
A family of light
You’d think I would know by now
You’d think I would never be surprised
But every time it takes my breath away
And I think it's time you heard me say

I never get used to what you do
I never get used to watching you
Take a life beyond redemption
Make it yours and make it new
I’ll never outgrow the miracle
A heart that was empty flowing full
I’ll never get used to what you do

She takes the words out of my mouth.
   I was going through the food line at a church snack after the service that night when a lady in the kitchen blessed me for the service and how it ministered to her. Then she said “You probably hear that all the time.” And I wanted to scream “No!” I mean, yes, we do hear it, but “NO!” to answer your unspoken question…”IT DOESN’T GET OLD!” I can’t get used to the fact that He could somehow touch a person through our feeble efforts…could He really use me to minister? Then I am filled with awe, gratitude, and praise to the One who is the Minister. It is the greatest honor, that we could be vessels, I can’t get used to that.
    When I see the two young ladies (my age) in tears on a Sunday morning in the old wooden pew, and one slides over to the and puts arm around for support…God speaking in the little sanctuary, I can’t get used to that.
    The young girl who stands to her feet from her seat to indicate that she wants to spend more time in the “secret place”   of meeting God…I can’t get used to that.
    I stand back-stage during Daunes last song and watch as Brianna sings with passion “…and what if tirals of this life, are your blessings in disguise.” Then the music fades, she steps back, closes her eyes, and lips something to the Savior. She who has no brother when I have three, and I was feeling discouraged tonight?  It is I who cry during the services, as I watch the sweetness of His healing and love in their lives. I can’t get used to that.
   Someone told me tonight that I must be an "old hat" at meeting new people. And though I do enjoy meeting new people and have the privilege of doing so nightly on this trip, it is entirely my honor that I can even be here! They are all such dear and wonderful people, and I feel unworthy to attempt to minister to them, I am honored to meet each one, and I can’t get used to that honor.  
  We’ve met some most delightful and interesting people out west here. People who live lives we read about. Two young ladies we talked to tonight live with their family of parents and three older brothers on a cattle ranch and ride thousands of archers on horseback herding and checking cattle, have all their church friends come help them brand, (in their words “Our branding is a party.” J) etc .  That’s just one example.
     We really enjoyed Wyoming hospitality tonight, such sweet people that served us food and the whole audience a snack. They’re very “down home” and “welcoming“.
    We’re now getting to the place where people walk into the services in cowboy hats and boots, some even sporting cut-off denim shirts and such. We smile at the authentic feel that we thought perhaps was just in the movies, if you know what I mean? This west is still fairly wild and has exceeded our expectations. 
OK, so the computer is dying and this girl needs to get to bed.
Thank you all for prayers, I personally have felt much need of them, as well as seen much results from them.  Many blessings
~Deborah as the Voice of the Millers.
Disclaimer: I wrote this about a week ago...haven't had time to post it, and only two pictures uploaded, though they're not the best. Maybe next time I shall do an all picture post. Also, it's only by His grace that I don't get "used to it" the longer the trip goes. Pray that we would always realize the Divine and fresh in each night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment